Final Evaluation

 

What were the main strengths and weaknesses of the project?

 

 

Strengths:

 - Many scientific sources and evidence

- Covered both science and part of social side of being bi/multilingual

- Included primary research (surveys)

Weaknesses:

- Not enough evidence to prove some of the theories mentioned in this project

 

What new skills did you learn? What new technologies did you learn?

 

 

Skills developed :

- Reading, analysing and summarising academic papers and research papers

- Organising and developing primary research

 Technology used :

- Google Scholar

- University websites ( e.g. Cambridge )

 

In doing the project, what did you learn about yourself and the way in which you learn?

 

 

 

 

 

I learn that when reading academic papers, I need to break down all the information in order to understand the key findings of that specific study. For example I learn that colour coding different sections in a research paper for example is useful when there are many topics discussed in the same paper

 

 

Has the project helped you in terms of your future plans (eg study at university; career choices; going into employment)?

 

 

 

 

In terms of studies, I believe this project taught me how to look for reliable, trusted sources for any secondary research I need to do. It also developed my skill of analysing different sources and their reliability. Also my university course is mainly focused on human biology therefore I believe this project helped me understand the brain more and this will be an advantage when I start neuroscience as a topic during my university studies.

If you were to start your project again, what would you do differently, what would you do the same?

 

 

 

 

Different : I would research beforehand the whole topic so I could have realised earlier that I should have focused on a particular area of the bi/multilingual brain. Also I would have planned beforehand a break for my EPQ during my mocks instead of realising half way through my mocks that I couldn't keep up with the monthly tasks

Same : I would look for secondary research the same way, I would write my dissertation the same way, I would still set myself monthly tasks 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abstract

How lockdown affected the children's languages usage and development - Primary Research