Final Question for my EPQ

I have decided to focus my project on specifically bi/multilingual children’s brain as I have realised, from the sources online, that focusing on the whole concept of bi/multilingual brain is broad and it has many factors which affects it. Given the complexity of the brain, I have understood that being bilingual is an evolving process and the age of acquisition of a language is another factor which affects this process. This, in particular, is the reason why I decided to focus on individuals who learn two or more languages from an early age.

I started this project with the intention of focusing on the whole journey of being bi/multilingual and how the brain develops throughout time. However, this is a really long and complex development and also there isn't enough reliable, peer-reviewed researches which track the whole journey. I decided to focus on the sub-topic I am most interested in, the developing brain of a child, and do more in depth research on this. Therefore my question changed from "Is there a difference between the Bi/Multilingual and Monolingual Brain?" to "Is there a difference between the Bi/Multilingual and Monolingual Brain in children?". 

I also plan to include some of the social sides of this practice and how external environmental factors, such as upbringing and childhood, can affect how the person views languages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Evaluation

Abstract

How lockdown affected the children's languages usage and development - Primary Research