October update + November plan

 



I managed to complete all of the tasks I set myself at the start of this month although I had some difficulties finding a good video representing multilingual children. Overall, I found reading and analysing this research paper easier than my first one as I already knew an efficient way of highlighting and annotating the research paper. 


For November, I plan to finish reading the document I started reading on October and make a blog post summarising it. I also plan to find more researches about multilingual brain in children and teenagers, and if I can find any reliable researches on the effect of age of acquisition of the second language in terms of brain structure and connectivity, I will make a blog post about this sub-topic. 


I have also decided to focus my project on specifically bi/multilingual children’s brain as I have realised, from the sources online, that focusing on the whole concept of bi/multilingual brain is broad and it has many factors which affects it. Given the complexity of the brain, I have understood that being bilingual is an evolving process and the age of acquisition of a language is another factor which affects this process. This, in particular, is the reason why I decided to focus on individuals who learn two or more languages from an early age.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Evaluation

Abstract

How lockdown affected the children's languages usage and development - Primary Research